Global Name Parsing and Genderizing
Global Name is able to parse, genderize, and standardize personal names. Recognizing over 6,000,000 last names and 4,000,000 first names across countries and languages helps to determine how a name should be parsed.
- Global Name can differentiate name formats from different countries and languages - using an Input 'Country' property if available.
- Parse full names into first, middle and last names, as well as prefixes like “Dr., Herr and Monsieur" and suffixes like “Jr., Ph.D., and Segundo".
- Handle name strings that include two names, such as “Mr. John and Mrs. Mary L. Jones” or "Herr Nicolas Eisenmenger & Doktor Petra Reichwein"
- Flag vulgar and obvious fake names, such as “Bugs Bunny.”
- Standardize names with extended and UTF-8 characters like "ΧΑΛΑΠΑΣ ΑΝΤΩΝΙΟΣ" to "Χαλαπασ Αντωνιοσ"
- Assign gender based on the first name
How Name Verification Works
Verifies the name at point of entry so bad data never enters your system.
Names are parsed into five components and name formats are parsed into a single, standard format.
Misspellings are corrected and fake or vulgar names are flagged.
- Prefix: Dr.
- First Name: John
- Middle Name: Wayne
- Last Name: Brown
- Suffix: PhD
Global Name API takes full names and breaks them out into five components: Prefix, First Name, Middle Name, Surname, and Suffix. Then, a gender code is applied. Multiple name formats will be parsed into a single standard format.Request Demo Now
Adds a gender code to each parsed name as F, M, or N. "James" returns "M" for male, "Cheryl" returns "F" for female, and "Chris" or "Terry" which may be male or female-returns "N" for neutral.Request Demo Now
Once you’ve parsed your names, identified gender, and removed non-name or bogus records, Global Name can create the desired custom salutations based on the format you want to use, including Formal, Informal, Default Slug, etc. Adding personalized salutations to your direct marketing efforts can boost response rates.Request Demo Now
New Country Input Feature
Global Name now allows users to specify a country name for more appropriate parsing of international names for a recognized country, culture and language. For example, if the United States is specified, the name “Andres MiddleName Hernandez” would identify and parse “Hernandez” as a last name. However, if Spain is the configured culture, then “MiddleName Hernandez” would be identified as the last name – a more relevant parsing for Spanish culture.Request Demo Now
As low as $0.003 per Record!